Taylor Gifts $1000 Academic Scholarship
Taylor Gifts would like to thank all the promissing young minds who particiapated in the inagural Taylor Gifts Academic Scholarship. We were overwhelmed by the tremendous participation the scholarship received. After very careful consideration we have determined the four finalists that were the best of the best. Below are links to our four finalists’ essays.
Please read them all and then vote for your favorite. Thank you to everyone who submitted!
The submission period for the 2014 scholarship essay contest has ended. Check back next year for information on our scholarship contest. Below are the rules for the 2014 scholarship. These may change for our 2015 scholarship contest.
Taylor Gifts is all about nurturing the young, creative minds of today so they can yield the fantastical creations of tomorrow. After all, ingenious (and delicious) inventions like the Bacon Bowl and Vegetti were once pipedreams before patience and hard work made them a reality. Therefore, Taylor Gifts is pleased to announce the inaugural Taylor Gifts $1000 Academic Scholarship!
There are just a few requirements to keep in mind before the real fun begins:
- To enter the scholarship contest you must be a freshman, sophomore or junior currently enrolled in a university within the United States.
- The Taylor Gifts $1000 Academic Scholarship is also open to high school seniors in the United States.
- One essay submission per student.
- Each essay must be 750-800 words. No more, no less.
Okay, so now that you’ve committed these requirements to memory, let’s take a look at the prompts you can choose from for your submission:
- 1. If you could create a device to better mankind’s quality of life, what would it be? Who would use it most?
- 2. Who do you consider to be history’s greatest entrepreneur or inventor? Why?
- 3. Do you consider yourself unconventional? When has it paid off?
- 4. Has there been a time in your life when you’ve felt guided by an entrepreneurial spirit? Did you act on it and take the initiative to achieve your goal? Explain.
Choose one and answer it with all you’ve got in 750-800 words. Muster up your creativity and problem-solving skills to potentially earn this $1,000 scholarship!
When you’ve completed the masterpiece, please submit it to email@example.com . Entries must be submitted by no later than midnight on 6/15/2014. Otherwise they will not be taken into consideration. Do not forget to include your first name, last name and the name of your institution before submitting the document.
Here’s how the winner will be chosen:
First, the top twelve semi-finalists of the Taylor Gifts essay competition will be picked by a select panel of judges. These judges will consider creativity, style, grammar, spelling, concision and how well the student has stuck to the topic they picked. Once they’re chosen, online voting will begin.
This means that the ultimate winner will be determined by you, the public. An online voting system will be established so friends and strangers alike can cast a ballot for the essay that inspired them.
Scholarship Payout Details
The scholarship will be paid to the school of the selected recipient in a one-time amount of $1,000.00. The scholarship funds will be made payable to the winning student’s university by Taylor Gifts’ CEO, Francis Ruthkosky, sent specifically to the Financial Aid Office and placed in the student’s account.
Before the scholarship can be officially awarded, the winning student must provide Taylor Gifts with:
- Written proof of enrollment at an accredited university, college or institution within the United States.
- The address of the school’s Financial Aid Office.
- His or her student ID number.
If you are selected as the winner, please send this information to:
Attn: Scholarship Coordinator
600 Cedar Hollow Rd
Paoli, PA 19301
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions regarding this opportunity.
*If less than four eligible submissions are recieved by the closing date, Taylor Gifts reserves the right to cancel the Taylor Gifts Scholarship Program.